A 16-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of battery and vandalism during a rally for Donald Trump last week in downtown San Jose, police said. The unnamed suspect from San Jose is suspected of carrying out two battery incidents on separate victims, one of which had gang overtones, and vandalism on a private property during the June 2 event, police said. The large gathering at the San Jose Convention Center was held for Trump, who is expected to become the Republican Party’s presidential nominee, drew hundreds of protesters. Someone threw a metal object at a police officer, who was left with a minor injury to his wrist, police said. The 16-year-old suspect is one of eight people arrested in the past week for different alleged crimes at the rally, police said.
A 16-year-old and 17-year-old, both from San Jose, were arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and a 16-year-old Milpitas resident was arrested on suspicion of battery, according to police. The others arrested were San Jose residents Robert Trillo, 18, Antonio Fernandez, 19, and Santa Clara resident Ahmed Abdirahman, 19, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, police said. Michael Kitaigorodsky, 19, also of San Jose, is suspected of refusing to disperse, according to police. Investigators are continuing to look for five other assault suspects and released photos of them for the public with hopes of tracking them down, police said. Two of the five suspects were captured in photos released on Twitter this morning by police. One of the two suspects is a man in a black shirt with red letters. The other is also of a man in a gray shirt and glasses.
Copyright © 2016 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.