General Crime

Louie Sanchez And Marvin Norwood Plead Guilty To The Brutal Beating Of Bryan Stow

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px



Two men have pleaded guilty this morning to charges in connection with the severe beating of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow at the team’s season opener in Los Angeles nearly three years ago, according to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.

Stow, 45, was brutally beaten at Dodger Stadium on March 31, 2011, and suffered severe brain injuries, which he is still recovering from today.

Louie Sanchez, 31, and Marvin Norwood, 33, were charged in the attack that left Stow, a Santa Cruz paramedic and father of two, requiring long-term care for the rest of his life.

The two, who have been held in custody since their arrest a few months after the attack, had been ordered to stand trial in 2012.

Today the men pleaded guilty to one count of mayhem and one count of assault, according to the district attorney’s office.

Sanchez was sentenced to eight years in state prison, while Norwood was sentenced to four years by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge George Lomeli.

According to prosecutors, Sanchez attacked Stow from behind and knocked him unconscious in an unprovoked attack at that stadium’s parking lot.

Prosecutors argued that Norwood prevented Stow’s friends from helping him during the attack.

On Friday, Stow’s family posted an update on a website created to support Stow, who had to have a portion of his skull removed because of swelling in his brain and other surgeries stemming from the attack.

“We recently shaved Bryan’s head and it was shocking to see the damage to his skull. Seeing him stare at himself in the mirror was heartbreaking. Watching him touch the shunt that protrudes on the right side of his skull, the slightly sunken in left side and all the deep scars was heartbreaking,” the family wrote.

Stow was treated at San Francisco General Hospital and other local rehabilitation facilities following the beating. Last year, Stow returned home with family when his insurance company declined to continue paying for his stay at an undisclosed live-in facility.

“We are coming up on (three) years since this happened and it’s hard to believe the support and prayers that Bryan still gets to this day. We cannot thank you guys enough for helping Bryan and us through all of this,” the family added.

Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited. 1 500 html

Leave a Comment