A months-long investigation led to the arrest of a 26-year-old man suspected of possessing numerous guns, magazines and ammunition, a Contra Costa County Sheriff’s spokesman announced Tuesday. Local, state and federal law enforcement agencies launched an investigation in July on the suspect, identified as Oakland resident Alex Conley, sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee said. Last week, officers served two search warrants in which more than 70 guns including assault rifles, .50-caliber rifles, pistols and shotguns were seized, Lee said. (story continued below photo)
The officers also located more than 100 magazines and several hundred thousand rounds of ammunition, according to Lee. One warrant was served at a Raymond Drive home in Pacheco, a community east of Martinez, and another on 62nd Avenue in Oakland, the spokesman said. Conley was arrested on suspicion of being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, illegal transfer of firearms, possession of stolen property and conspiracy.
He was booked into county jail without bail. The investigation was conducted by the Contra Costa County Anti-Violence Support Effort team, a partnership between the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office, local law enforcement agencies, California Highway Patrol, state Department of Justice and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Protect your Website and Computers
Call 855-DSX-DATA (855-379-3282)
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.