Update: Kyle Navarro turned himself in this morning, Contra Costa County
sheriff’s officials said.
The sheriff’s office is looking for a 20-year-old El Sobrante man suspected of fatally shooting a 24-year-old man in Tara Hills last month, sheriff’s officials said today. The district attorney’s office has filed formal murder charges against Kyle Navarro for the fatal shooting of Nicholas Callen, who was found shot and killed at 2:51 p.m. on March 31 inside a home in the 2600 block of Cornelius Drive in Tara Hills, a small community near San Pablo, Contra Costa County sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee said.
The announcement of Navarro’s alleged involvement in the crime comes after U.S. Marshals arrested another suspect, identified as Michael McQueen, 28, in Sonoma on April 16, Lee said. McQueen is being held in the Martinez Detention Facility under $2 million bail.
Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.