A fire at a home in Antioch on Monday night revealed a large indoor marijuana grow, a fire inspector said today. Fire crews responded shortly before 9 p.m. to reports of a fire at a home on Hidden Glen Drive, Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Inspector Steve Aubert said. Once inside, firefighters found a large number of marijuana plants throughout the two-story home, he said. The fire appears to have started in the home’s dining room area but was quickly controlled by an automatic sprinkler system, he said. The residents had rigged the home’s electrical system to bypass the utility meter, and the setup had caused the electrical panel to overheat, according to Aubert. No one was at home when firefighters arrived, and the investigation into the blaze has been turned over to Antioch police. Police are attempting to identify the homeowners and determine who was behind the pot grow, Aubert said. No injuries were reported in connection with the fire.
Please call the Fugitive Watch hot line at 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) or text us at 408-355-0999 or CLICK HERE to send a confidential email tip, if you know the names of any other suspects or have any information that can help solve this crime
Por favor llame la línea de Los Fugitivos en 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) o texto en 408-355-0999 o haga clic aquí para envia un email a [email protected], si usted tiene alguna información que pueda ayudar a resolver este crimen.
Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.