Police today released the name of a man who was killed by gunfire in front of a home in East San Jose early Thursday, becoming the city’s first homicide of the new year. Juan Rios Sanchez, 36, of San Jose, died as the result of at least one gunshot wound, San Jose police spokesman Officer Albert Morales said. At 1:26 a.m. Thursday, officers responded to a report of a person wounded from a gunshot in the 1600 block of East San Antonio Street near South 33rd Street, police said.
Sanchez was found sprawled in the driveway of a home. He was still alive when emergency responders drove him to a hospital, but died shortly after arriving, Morales said. Homicide detectives are continuing to investigate the shooting and so far do not believe it was related to gang activity, Morales said.
Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.