Police have identified an 18-year-old person of interest and three juvenile witnesses who were present during an altercation that left a Pleasanton man unconscious outside his home early Saturday morning. Police received a hang-up call at 12:11 a.m. on Saturday and upon calling back learned that a man had been attacked and was lying unconscious outside his home on Middleton Place, Sgt. Kurt Schlehuber said.
An investigation determined that a group of people were outside David Lamont’s home making noise and when Lamont went outside to approach them, he was attacked by the group, Schlehuber said. Lamont’s wife found her injured husband on the street and a bystander saw a dark-colored SUV leaving the scene, police said. Police said three Pleasanton teens were present during the assault and are considered witnesses at this time.
An 18-year-old who was present during the assault has been identified as a person of interest, but has not yet been arrested. He does not reside in the area and is not currently in Pleasanton, according to police. Police said all four individuals have met with police and are cooperating with the investigation. There is no evidence that additional people were present at the time of the attack.
The incident also appears to be isolated, according to police. Lamont remains in critical condition in a local hospital. Detectives are hoping to speak with Lamont in the future to determine his recollection of the assault, police said. Detectives are in close contact with Lamont’s family and are continuing to investigate the violent incident, police said.
Copyright © 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.