A man accused of driving a tour bus while drunk in San Francisco earlier this month pleaded not guilty to DUI charges today. Leon Maynard, a 60-year-old San Bruno resident, was allegedly driving a San Francisco Deluxe Sightseeing tour bus when he was arrested near Stockton and Post streets at about 1:15 p.m. on July 5, prosecutors said. Maynard’s blood-alcohol content at the time of his arrest was 0.21 percent, and he was also cited for an open container infraction, prosecutors said. He was ordered by San Francisco Superior Court Judge Samuel Feng not to operate any motor vehicle while the case is ongoing. Maynard is out of custody and will return to court on Aug. 19 for a pre-trial hearing. He declined to comment on the case outside of court. A representative of San Francisco Deluxe Sightseeing was not immediately available for comment.
Copyright © 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.