San Francisco police are continuing to investigate a case involving numerous poisonous meatballs found on city streets recently. Police warned dog owners in the city’s Twin Peaks and Diamond Heights neighborhoods about the meatballs last week, and now say hundreds have been recovered. The meatballs, which investigators said contained rodent poison, had been deliberately placed in spots where dogs defecate in the area of Crestline, Burnett and Parkridge drives, according to police.
One dog gobbled up a meatball last Wednesday evening while being walked by its owner, then became sick and had to be taken to a veterinarian, police said. Anyone who sees anything resembling the meatballs should call the Police Department’s non-emergency number at (415) 553-0123. Anyone who witnesses suspicious activity is asked to call 911.
Copyright © 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.