General Crime

Alfonso Salazar Pleads Guilty To Attempted Murder In Home Invasion Shooting

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

archery

A 34-year-old man has pleaded guilty in Salinas to shooting a man during a home invasion robbery last year in unincorporated Monterey County, according to the district attorney’s office. Alfonso Salazar, who entered the plea in Monterey County Superior Court on Thursday, is set to appear for sentencing before Judge Mark Hood on May 23, Deputy District Attorney Gary Thelander said. The defendant faces a term of up to 23 years and eight months, Thelander said. Salazar entered the home of Benjamin Perez in the San Ardo area on July 24, demanded money and when Perez told him he had none, the defendant shot him once in the chest, Thelander said.

As Perez fled to the safety of some neighbors, Salazar drove away in a car he borrowed from relatives, who cooperated with law enforcement during the investigation. Three days after the shooting, an officer with the Merced Police Department spotted a vehicle in Merced matching the description of the suspect’s car and eventually arrested Salazar without incident.

Copyright © 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse
without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.

Leave a Comment

1 Comment

  • What has become of he young Latinos???? They and the blacks do 97% of the street violent crimes? Have these two races gone to the devil???? And if one says the TRUTH oh yes I heard it before there a racist. JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBERS AND STOP THE TIP TOEING AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And call it like it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons