Julius Robert Short Jr. Charged With Murder And Attempted Murder Set For Court At Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office
Published by Reporter on February 5, 2013
Scroll to the bottom to view and make comments
A man accused of killing a teenager and wounding another in a double shooting in Pittsburg last month is set to be arraigned on murder charges this week, according to the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office. Julius Robert Short Jr., 23, has been charged with murder and attempted murder for a Jan. 21 shooting that killed 16-year-old Steven Rosalez and injured another 16-year-old boy, authorities said. Short allegedly shot the teens around 7:45 p.m. in the 100 block of West Eighth Street after an earlier fight with them, according to police.
He was arrested the following day with the help of a SWAT team at his Pittsburg home. Short was on felony probation at the time of the shooting and has an extensive criminal history, police said. He is being held in county jail on $1 million bail and is scheduled to appear in court in Martinez at 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
Copyright © 2012 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.