Search for Gunman Ends After Possible Hoax 911 Call in Sunnyvale

Published by on January 25, 2013

Scroll to the bottom to view and make comments

The search for a gunman in Sunnyvale that prompted the lockdown of three schools has ended after public safety officials said information may have been fabricated. A search was under way this morning between Homestead Road, South Bernardo Avenue, Helena Drive and Wright Avenue for the suspect.

However, according to officials, the sighting of a gunman in the area may have been fabricated in a 911 call. Sunnyvale’s city website posted a statement this morning that said Cupertino Middle School and West Valley Elementary School had been locked down, as well as Homestead High School in Cupertino. The statement said Cupertino Middle School, which is within the search area, was in “code red” mode while the other two schools were “code blue,” meaning they were only locked down as a precaution.

Copyright © 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.

Install the ratings plugin

Popularity:
297 views
Comments:
None
Toolbar:
add your comment add this to delicious add this to digg share this on facebook Stumble this item
Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,




XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

ads
pinksliploan add copy

BREAKING HEADLINES

SOCIALISE WITH US:     Fugitive Watch on YouTube   ·   Twitter   ·   Facebook   ·