Michael Crabtree No Charges Will be Filed Against Him
Published by Junior Staff Writer on January 25, 2013
Scroll to the bottom to view and make comments
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree will not be charged in connection with an allegation of sexual assault made earlier this month, District Attorney George Gascon said today. Crabtree was accused of assault after an alleged incident in a San Francisco hotel early on the morning of Jan. 13, the day following the 49ers playoff victory against the Green Bay Packers, according to police.
The allegations were investigated by the police departments special victims unit. “Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree,” Gascon said in a statement today. Crabtree was a first round draft pick by the 49ers in 2009 after playing college football at Texas Tech University. He led rookie receivers for yards per game in his first season and had a career best year in the 2012 season with 85 catches for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns.
Copyright © 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.