* Thomas Boccaleoni Pleads No Contest To Multiple Charges Of Sexual Assault In Sonoma County

Published by on September 27, 2012

Scroll to the bottom to view and make comments

A Cotati man charged with the roadside groping and sexual assaults of three female drivers in Sonoma County pleaded no contest this morning to three of the 10 felony charges he was facing. Thomas Boccaleoni, 47, pleaded no contest in Sonoma County Superior Court to forcible anal or genital penetration on Nov. 18, 2008, attempted sexual battery on Jan. 6, 2009, and assault with intent to commit rape on April 18, 2009. Boccaleoni will be sentenced to 15 years and 8 months in prison on Nov. 7 as part of his plea agreement, under which the other seven charges against him will be dropped. His trial was scheduled for Nov. 2. He had faced 28 years in prison if convicted of all 10 charges.

According to testimony at his preliminary hearing, on two occasions, Boccaleoni flashed the headlights of his car at vehicles with female drivers. Each time, when the driver pulled over, he told her to call 911 because there had been a motorcycle accident. He would then sexually assault the women. In the third incident, when the female driver pulled over, Boccaleoni told her that her car was leaking fluid and might catch fire, according to the preliminary hearing testimony. He then wedged himself between her car door and fondled her from her thigh to her neck, according to the testimony.

Boccaleoni this morning admitted having a prior strike for committing a residential burglary in San Francisco on Dec. 15, 2005. That admission doubled his sentence in the Sonoma County roadside assaults case to 15 years and eight months. Defense attorney Andy Martinez said Boccaleoni agreed to plead no contest because he didn’t want any of the women to have to testify. There also was an issue about the availability of DNA evidence against Boccaleoni throughout the legal proceedings, Martinez said. The
defense alleged that some of the evidence had been destroyed at a Department of Justice lab in the East Bay. Boccaleoni will have to register as a sex offender and will be on parole for 10 years after is released from prison, Martinez said. He has been in jail since his arrest on April 28, 2009, and will receive some credit for time served.

Please call the Fugitive Watch hot line at 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) or text us at 408-355-0999 or CLICK HERE to send a confidential email tip, if you have any information that can help solve this crime.

Copyright © 2012 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse
without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.

Install the ratings plugin

Popularity:
276 views
Comments:
None
Toolbar:
add your comment add this to delicious add this to digg share this on facebook Stumble this item
Tagged with: , , , ,




XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Check your spouse's texts/Calls!
pinksliploan add copy

BREAKING HEADLINES

SOCIALISE WITH US:     Fugitive Watch on YouTube   ·   Twitter   ·   Facebook   ·