Scroll to the bottom to view and make comments
The Solano County District Attorney’s Office said today it is not prosecuting two men who were arrested for a double homicide in Fairfield on Wednesday. “The prosecution is not filing charges at this time pending further investigation,” Chief Deputy District Attorney Jack Allen said this afternoon.Fairfield police arrested Darren Trahan, 21, of East Palo Alto, and Marcel Rutherford-Chew, 18, of Redwood City, for the murders of Vedell Chew, 24, of Fairfield, and Bernard Francis Knight, 18, of East Palo Alto.
The victims died of multiple gunshot wounds on El Toro Court in the Parkway Garden neighborhood Wednesday afternoon. Trahan and Rutherford-Chew were arrested Saturday after police made contact with their families Friday in East Palo Alto, Officer Cleo Mayoral said. Allen said Rutherford-Chew and Trahan will be released from jail later today unless there are other holds against them. Police also identified Blake Johnson, 21, of Vallejo, as a suspect. Johnson is still at large. Fairfield police said last week the suspects and victims were acquainted and there was a confrontation before the shootings.
Copyright © 2012 by Bay City News, Inc.Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Mention Fugitive Watch for a Discount
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.