General Crime

* Pedro Zaldana Ortiz Pleads Not Guilty to Fatal Stabbing of Nelson Henriquez in San Francisco

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

Scroll to the bottom to view and make comments

A man accused of a fatal stabbing last week in San Francisco’s Outer Mission neighborhood has pleaded not guilty to murder charges, a district attorney’s office spokeswoman said today. Pedro Zaldana-Ortiz, 23, pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to killing 25-year-old Nelson Henriquez, district attorney’s office spokeswoman Stephanie Ong Stillman said. Henriquez was found stabbed in the first block of Regent Street a about 9 p.m. on Jan. 26 by officers who had responded to a report of a fight, police said.

He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Homicide inspectors began investigating the case and identified Zaldana Ortiz, a San Francisco resident, as the suspected stabber, according to police. He was located in the city’s Mission District and arrested on Sunday, police said. Zaldana-Ortiz remains in custody in lieu of $2 million bail and will return to court for a pre-hearing conference on March 7, Stillman said.

Copyright © 2012 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Mention Fugitive Watch for a Discount

Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.

Leave a Comment

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons