An East Bay man accused of running down four bicyclists with his SUV in San Francisco last year was ordered Tuesday to stand trial on attempted murder charges, a spokesman for the district attorney’s office said. David Mark Clark, 40, has pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and battery causing serious bodily injury for the incident on June 2, 2010. Police said Clark, an Albany resident, appeared to target the bicyclists with his blue Nissan Rogue SUV, striking them all within a six-minute period at separate locations in the city’s Mission and Potrero Hill neighborhoods. He then crashed his car and ran away.
He was arrested two days later at the Albany Police Station after reporting that his SUV had been carjacked, police said. Of the four male bicyclists who were struck, three required hospitalization. Following a two-day preliminary hearing in San Francisco Superior Court, Judge Suzanne Bolanos ordered Clark to stand trial on the felony charges, district attorney’s office spokesman Seth Steward said. He will return to court on Aug. 16 for formal arraignment on the charges, Steward said.
Copyright © 2011 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.