General Crime

* Santa Cruz police searching for man who attempted robbery on Pacific Avenue

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

Santa Cruz police are searching for a man who attempted a strong-arm robbery and tried to kidnap an employee at a retail store Saturday morning, officials said. The suspect walked into a business in the 1300 block of Pacific Avenue at about 10:15 a.m., approached an employee, and demanded money, police said. The employee, a 22-year-old Santa Cruz resident who was uninjured during the attack, refused to open the cash register. The man told the employee to get into a dressing room, before he dragged the employee by the arm toward the rear of the store, police said.

When the victim screamed, the man put his hand over the employee’s mouth before running out of the store, police said. Officers canvassed the area around the business, but could not find the man. The suspect is described as a white man, standing about 6 feet tall, weighing about 250 pounds, with receding gray hair. He was wearing a blue sweatshirt with “Dons” partially written in cursive, gray jeans and glasses.

Please call the Fugitive Watch hot line at 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) or text us at 408-355-0999 or CLICK HERE to send a confidential email tip, if you know the name of this man or have any information that can help solve this crime.

Por favor llame la línea de Los Fugitivos en 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) o texto en 408-355-0999 o haga clic aquí para enviar un email a [email protected], si usted tiene alguna información que pueda ayudar a resolver este crimen.

Copyright © 2011 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.



Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.

Leave a Comment

1 Comment

  • On November 10, 2011 the charge against me was dismissed for lack of sufficient evidence. In actuality, there was so much evidence in my favor (including an alibi witness who the police knew of but “changed” their story) but the A.D.A. didn’t want to give up so I spent 6 months in jail until I was either found innocent or the charge was dropped.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons