General Crime

* Joseph Naso Accused serial killer requested to represent himself in his quadruple murder case

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

Accused serial killer Joseph Naso appeared in Marin County Superior Court this morning and requested to represent himself in his quadruple murder case. “I have given this case a lot of consideration and thought,” Naso told Judge Andrew Sweet. “I’ve been in my cell alone for the past few weeks.

“Naso, 77, is charged with four counts of murder for the deaths of four Northern California women, two of whom were killed in the Bay Area. He has not yet entered a plea. Sweet is expected to respond to Naso’s request to represent himself later this morning. Naso is suspected of killing Roxene Roggasch, 18, of Oakland, whose body was found on Jan. 10, 1977, on White’s Hill near Fairfax, and Carmen Colon, 22, who was found dead near Port Costa in Contra Costa County in 1978.

He is also accused in the deaths of Pamela Parsons, 38, and Tracey Tafoya, 31, who were killed in Yuba County in 1993 and 1994, respectively. Marin County District Attorney Ed Berberian said after Naso’s first court appearance earlier this month that he would decide whether to seek the death penalty after Naso had retained an attorney.

Copyright © 2011 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.


 

 


Comment Advisement We welcome your thoughts, but for the sake of all readers, please refrain from the use of obscenities, personal attacks or racial slurs. All comments are subject to our terms of service and may be removed. Repeat offenders may lose commenting privileges.

Leave a Comment

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons