General Crime

* Man Killed on Monte Bello Drive in Home Invasion is Gilroy’s First Murder

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

A 75-year-old man died today after a brutal attack with a baseball bat during a home invasion in Gilroy earlier this month, police said. The victim was pronounced dead at 9:50 a.m. today after the attack, which was reported at about 10:15 p.m. on April 13 at a home in the 1000 block of Monte Bello Drive, according to police. Police responded to the home and found the 75-year-old victim lying on a couch in the home’s living room with severe head injuries. A 46-year-old man, who is believed to be a friend of the other victim, was lying in the kitchen area with major injuries to his legs, police Sgt. Jim Gillio said. The 46-year-old man’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. The suspect or suspects in the attack spoke in Spanish and used a baseball bat to strike the victims, according to Gillio. No arrests have been made in connection with the attack. The victim’s identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, police said. The homicide is the first in Gilroy in 2010.Please call the Fugitive Watch hot line at 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) or text us at 408-355-0999 or CLICK HERE to send a confidential email tip, if you have any information that can help solve this crime.

Copyright © 2010 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Click On Ad Above For Criminal Defense Attorney

Leave a Comment

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons