General Crime

* Claude Mitchell has been charged with murder Carlton Ross

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px


Prosecutors filed murder charges today against a 25-year-old Concord man suspected of shooting and killing his girlfriend’s stepfather earlier this month, Contra Costa County Deputy District Attorney John Cope said. Claude Mitchell has been charged with murder with an enhancement for the use of a gun in connection with the April 1 shooting of 48-year-old Carlton Ross, Cope said. Police found Ross dead in the stairwell of an apartment complex in the 4800 block of Clayton Road after receiving a report of a shooting. He had been shot several times, police said.Mitchell allegedly fled the scene before police arrived and was on the run for more than a week. He was arrested near Stockton on April 9, police said.Mitchell is scheduled to be arraigned in Contra Costa County Superior Court on Thursday.

Copyright © 2010 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Leave a Comment

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons