General Crime

* Two AC Transir Bus Passangers Shot by Unknown Gunman in San Lorenzo

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

Two people were shot on an AC Transit bus in San Lorenzo late Saturday night, possibly by the same person who fired at two teenagers in a separate shooting an hour earlier, a sheriff’s spokesman said today. The suspect, who was with several other males, fired shots from the street toward the Line 99 bus while it was stopped at Coelho Drive and Mooney Avenue at about 11:10 p.m., sheriff’s spokesman J.D. Nelson said. Both victims were wounded by bullet fragments as the gunfire smashed through a bus window, Nelson said. They were taken to a hospital and are expected to survive, Nelson said. Investigators have not located the shooter but believe he may have been responsible for shooting at two teenagers near a Target store several blocks away in San Leandro earlier that night, Nelson said. That shooting, which didn’t injure either teenager, was reported at 10:07 p.m., San Leandro police Lt. Pete Ballew said. “The time frame and the similarity in description of the suspects” are what make investigators think the shootings may be linked, Ballew said. A motive hasn’t been established for either shooting. AC Transit spokesman Clarence Johnson said the passengers were taken off the damaged Line 99 bus and transferred to another bus. Please call the Fugitive Watch hot line at 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) or text us at 408-355-0999 or CLICK HERE to send a confidential email tip, if you know the name of this suspect or have any information that can help solve this crime.

Copyright © 2010 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Leave a Comment

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons