San Francisco prosecutors today decided not to file charges against a man accused of being the second shooter in the murder of a Richmond man outside a San Francisco nightclub earlier this month.San Francisco police had issued a murder warrant for William Josefa Agbekoh, 25, in connection with the Feb. 7 shooting of Lawon Marshawn Hall, 19, outside the Suede nightclub near Fisherman’s Wharf.Agbekoh was arrested Feb. 14 in Richmond on an unrelated gun possession charge. He was recently transferred to authorities in San Francisco on the murder case, but will be set free today.”Your honor, the people are not filing a complaint at this time,” prosecutor Linda Allen told Judge Samuel Feng this afternoon. “The matter is discharged pending further investigation.”Allen did not give specific reasons for discharging the case.The other suspect, Keandre Davis, 20, of Richmond, was taken into custody at the scene of the shooting and remains in jail, also charged with Hall’s murder. Police have said they believe Davis and Hall are members of rival Richmond gangs.Two men reportedly opened fire as a crowd gathered outside the club, police said. In addition to Hall’s shooting, three others were injured by gunfire and survived.A total of 44 bullet casings were recovered at the scene.Davis was shot twice outside the nightclub by a San Francisco
patrol special officer and later arrested. The second suspect fled on foot.
Copyright © 2010 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.