General Crime

* Bomb Threat At Hercules Middle/High School On Sept 30th, 13-Year-Old Arrested

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

Hercules police announced today that they have arrested a 13-year-old boy in connection with a bomb threat at Hercules Middle/High School on Sept. 30, police spokeswoman Michelle Harrington said.Investigators are also looking into whether the same boy could be connected to at least two other bomb threats at different high schools around the same time, including one in Nevada, Harrington said.The boy was arrested last week and has been charged with one felony count of making a false report of an explosive device. If convicted, he could face up to a year in a juvenile correction facility, Harrington said.The boy, whose name is not being released because he is a juvenile, used to be a Hercules resident and attended Hercules Middle/High School until earlier this year, Harrington said.He has had previous contact with police, including a recent arrest in San Francisco for allegedly committing grand theft from a person, Harrington said.The incident in Hercules began at about 1 p.m. when the school received an anonymous phone call reporting a bomb at the school. Officials quickly evacuated the campus and began searching for the alleged bomb.Hercules police received assistance from the Pinole Police Department, the Rodeo-Hercules Fire Department, American Medical Response, the Walnut Creek Bomb Squad, the Alameda County Sheriff’s K-9 Unit and the FBI’s K-9 Unit, Harrington said.Police and dogs searched the campus for six and a half hours, but found no evidence of a bomb.Harrington said the Hercules Police Department plans to seek restitution for the cost incurred during the search.

Copyright © 2009 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.
buffy-sq

Leave a Comment

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons