Violent Crime

* San Jose Police Continue to Investigate Kidnapping and Release of Two Street Vendors

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

119

donation


San Jose police are continuing to investigate the Monday kidnapping of two men who were released unharmed two days later, police said today. The victims, who are 22 and 27 years old, were selling strawberries door-to-door around 5 p.m. Monday in the area of Lyons Drive and Diana Avenue when at least two or three suspects approached in a black Chevrolet Suburban with tinted windows and chrome rims, according to police. The men were abducted at gunpoint and blindfolded by two or three men, who took the victims to an unknown location where they were held captive, police said. The suspects demanded money from the victims’ relatives in exchange for their safe return, and the relatives notified San Jose police.  At about 12:35 a.m. Wednesday, the victims’ relatives notified police that the men had been released unharmed, and that ransom was not paid to the suspects. Investigators have interviewed the victims, who provided a description of the suspects as Hispanic men in their mid 30s who were about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build. The suspects spoke only Spanish during the incident and are believed to be Mexican nationals, police said. Please call the Fugitive Watch hot line at 1-800-9-CAUGHT (1-800-922-8448) or text us at 408-355-0999 if you know the names of these men or have any other information that can help solve this crime.

Copyright © 2009 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Leave a Comment