General Crime

* Mohammed Monie Pleaded No Contest To Voluntary Manslaughter In 1989 He Ordered Jesse “Dudley” Rodriguez To Kill Robert “Bobby” Perruquet

Fugitive Watch Logo 77x77px

www.badboysbailbonds.com

A man who pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter in a 20-year-old Daly City murder case in which the victim’s body was never found was sentenced in San Mateo County Superior Court this morning to 22 years in state prison.Mohammed Monie, 41, appeared in court dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit and glasses. Bearded, balding and with a tattoo on his forehead, he sat quietly throughout the sentencing and declined to make a statement.Prosecutors alleged Monie ordered then-14-year-old Jesse “Dudley” Rodriguez on April 29, 1989, to shoot Robert “Bobby” Perruquet, in order to steal Perruquet’s car, Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.In a deal with prosecutors earlier this year, Monie pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter with enhancements for use of a deadly weapon, participating in a crime with another person who had a deadly weapon, and infliction of great bodily injury.He had previously been charged with murder and faced life in prison without the possibility of parole after his arrest four years ago, on June 2, 2005.As part of his plea deal, Monie agreed to help investigators attempt to find Perruquet’s body, believed to be located in northern San Mateo County.Wagstaffe said Monie has since aided investigators with the search but the body was not recovered.Rodriguez, now 33, will not face charges in connection with the murder due to his age and the existing law at the time of the shooting, Wagstaffe said.

Copyright © 2009 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Leave a Comment

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons